12/01/2016

Download and play Julie's Quest, an RPG Maker VX game I wrote

Back in 2009, I bought a copy of RPG Maker VX as a Christmas gift for my step sister. To complement the gift and to be able to give her a hand if ever she came to encounter difficulties using the software, I wrote a small game project with it. I used the assets provided with the software so it only took me maybe 15 hours to make it.

I kind of half forgot about it until I recently stumbled upon it in the depth of my game development archives. I booted up the game and gave it a run. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the story is inspired and quite decent and contains interesting dramatic surprises. I actually had a blast going through the one hour of game time it provides so I decided to give it out to whoever would like to try it.




You MAY need to install the RTP (run time package) for the game to work properly.

Pro tip : Get your team up to level 10 before fighting the final boss. You will benefit from the best spells.

Let me know what you think!

No comments: